Thursday, March 12, 2009

Thanksgiving

This was the first Thanksgiving since 1989 that we didn't have Thanksgiving in Idaho with Randy's family. I really missed the traditions we had created in the last 20 years. Maxine's shrimp salad, Angie's chocolate pie, going to Rupert's festival of trees and seeing Santa, Shopping with Angie at 4 a.m. the day after Thanksgiving, going to Jackpot for the buffet (and putting a few nickels in the slots) and being with the family. I was glad my parents were here for our first Thanksgiving away and that our good friends the Pistorius family were with us. We had a great traditional meal and of course some football. It really made me realize how thankful I am for such a great family and also for the opportunity we have being here in Georgia and the friends we are making. We are a blessed family and I am looking forward to making new traditions here.

No comments: