Thursday, October 16, 2008

Official First Post



Since this is my "official" first post I thought I would start out by introducing our family and explain why I decided to start a blog. As blogging is a new concept for me please be patient with my ineptitude as I "learn the ropes". First of all, we are the Homer family. Randy is a forecast analyst(I don't know if that is his official title) with Georgia Power. What that means is he is a statistics nerd. He likes video games, Tom Petty, Ohio State Buckeyes football and his new bike. Lyn is a stay-at-home-mom, likes to read, organize and bake. Olivia is 13 and likes to text on her cell phone, listen to her Ipod, musical theater (she is currently involved in a Mulan production) and being annoyed with her parents. Sophia is 10 and likes friends and having fun, biking with her dad and all animals. As a family we LOVE all things Disney and can't wait to go to Disney Wolrd in December and we love the Boston Red Sox. Olivia actually got in a fight at school a few years ago because a boy told her the Red Sox stink and the Yankees rule. She just could not put up with those kind of lies and had to show that boy a thing or two!(Way to go Liv!) I decided I needed to start a blog because after 19 years working for Questar Gas in Utah Randy took a new job with Georgia Power. Our family moved to Georgia two months ago and left all our family and friends in Utah. I thought this blog would be a good way to share the fun and important things our family is doing now that we aren't so close. So be sure to check back often to see the Homer Happenings!

7 comments:

lauri said...

Way to go, Lyn! I'm glad you're online! It will be fun to keep in touch through blogging! Love ya!

wende said...

hi lyn!
i'm so glad you're on line! blogging has been such a blessing in my life, it's such a fun way to keep up to date on what's going on with everyone. i saw jami today and she was telling me all about your disneyworld trip and how she couldn't wait to hug you tight! how fun for you all. love ya lyn! miss ya! say hi to homer for me. :)

Kinsey Pistorius said...

Lyn, I just got an email letting me know Hairspray is coming to Atlanta Jan. 13-18. Tickets go on sale Nov. 2 or so. Just thought you and the family, especially Olivia, would want to know! :)

Kristy said...

Hey Lyn

I am not sure if you remember me or not from Health Plans. I am friends with your sister Lauri and saw you on her blog. I told her that I knew you from work years ago....what a small world!!! I have been friends with Wende for years and met Lauri through her. Wende and Lauri are both are part of our creative/theraputic Thursdays! You kids are so cute!!! Mine are all getting big....my oldest is 16 now and is a junior in high school. I am getting so old! Well it was nice to run across your blog!!!
Kristy

Jenkinson Family said...

Hey, good job on your blog. I have added you to my list if that's okay.

Robinson Reports said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Clayfrogger (a.k.a. Delores) said...

Welcome to the blogworld. It will be a great way to get to know you guys better. I'm really excited that you guys are here and that we have the opportunity to have Olivia in Young Women's. Plus I needed another Twiligt friend.

I just read Kinsey's comment have just have to tell you. I love Hairspray. I made everyone I know go see it just so I could see it again. I saw it 8 times including once with Nicholas and Demetrius.